The Precice system is an intramedullary nail used for limb lengthening of the femur and tibia that utilizes an External Remote Controller (ERC) to non-invasively lengthen the implant. The key to Ellipse’s technology is the magnetic interaction between the Precice implant and the Precice ERC, a portable, hand-held unit that lengthens the PRECICE implant. The Precice system is used to treat lower limb length discrepancies often the result of acute or chronic fractures. The key to the Ellipse platform technology is the magnetic interaction between the Precice implant and the Precice ERC. Permanent magnets are used to non-invasively adjust the Precice implant. This advancement in intramedullary limb lengthening allows for a precise, controlled lengthening phase with the ability to shorten the device if necessary.
• Proprietary magnet technology
• Precision rate control
• Non-invasive adjustment via external remote controller
• Customizable lengthening protocol based upon patient’s prescription
• Up to 80 mm of non-invasive distraction capability
• Available in three diameters (8.5 mm, 10.7 mm and 12.5 mm)
• Device is reversible